Missing Names in Ward Leadership Report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

CzechRM wrote:If you request the refresh at the stake level, then you don't risk breaking any households' information.
I am not able to check this out with the test data (its stake data is very weak), but in the past I know the above statement was not quite true. Stake MLS (certainly MLS 2.9, but I haven't tried this with 3.x) has the ability to modify households where there is a nonmember spouse (but it will only affect the stake data -- it makes no change to the actual household structure at CHQ). See this post for details.

If a stake has modified households in this way, then a data refresh at the stake level will indeed undo those changes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

CzechRM wrote:A refresh is pushed to each stake at least once a quarter to make sure that the correct information is at the unit level. All of the calling information for the stake AND ward leadership is included in that refresh.
I came close to expressing frustration with a ward clerk because I thought he was not updating the ward leadership information in MLS as he had said he would. The reason I thought this was that the Ward Leadership list in Stake MLS was horribly out of date.

But when I looked on that ward's computer, I saw that everything was accurately updated. Yet weeks later, the stake's Ward Leadership report was still not updated.

Am I to understand that the stake can only depend on this being automatically updated once per quarter? I would hope that it would be updated on every Send/Receive. Callings change far too frequently for a quarterly update to be of much use at all. If we can't depend on the Ward Leadership report in stake MLS to be accurate, we'll have to ignore it and find some other way to get that information from wards.

Or is this delay still fallout from delays in processing CDOL updates? Is the CDOL involved at all in the transmission of Ward Leadership information from ward MLS to stake MLS?
CzechRM wrote:There is no need to request it at each unit.
I'm not sure what this means. If a stake wants the Ward Leadership information to be updated more often than quarterly, how is this to be done? Is the only option to request a Unit Refresh for each ward from stake MLS? Are you simply saying that the effective way to do this is not to have each ward do the Send Membership Date to Stake option, but rather to have the stake do a single request for all membership data from all the wards?
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

Alan_Brown wrote:Am I to understand that the stake can only depend on this being automatically updated once per quarter? I would hope that it would be updated on every Send/Receive. Callings change far too frequently for a quarterly update to be of much use at all. If we can't depend on the Ward Leadership report in stake MLS to be accurate, we'll have to ignore it and find some other way to get that information from wards.
Sorry, I should have clarified this a little better. A membership refresh is sent to the stake once a quarter, however when changes are made to a membership record or to any callings, this will be immediately transmitted to HQ and then back to the stake.
Alan_Brown wrote:I'm not sure what this means. If a stake wants the Ward Leadership information to be updated more often than quarterly, how is this to be done? Is the only option to request a Unit Refresh for each ward from stake MLS? Are you simply saying that the effective way to do this is not to have each ward do the Send Membership Date to Stake option, but rather to have the stake do a single request for all membership data from all the wards?
If all of the calling information has been verified at the ward level both in MLS and in CDOL, and the information is still incorrect at the stake level, it is best to request the Unit Refresh from the stake selecting the entire stake.

Sorry for the confusion on this, there are many different causes for missing ward leadership information in the stake's MLS. Occasionally it requires a fix from the programming team.

Hopefully this helps, if the problem is ongoing and no amount of refreshing seems to be solving it, it's time to get Clerk Support involved.
Caleb

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”