Double entry in Stake Leadership

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
petersboro-p40

Double entry in Stake Leadership

Post by petersboro-p40 »

Under stake leaderdship our stake president has been entered twice. If I try to remove one of them it wants me to use the leader and unit change request. I am afraid if I use the form and submit it it will remove him completely from salt lake's records and from the CDOL.
Suggestions?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

petersboro wrote:Under stake leadership our stake president has been entered twice. If I try to remove one of them it wants me to use the leader and unit change request. I am afraid if I use the form and submit it it will remove him completely from salt lake's records and from the CDOL.
Suggestions?
I would agree that you definitely should not use a LUCR to request the removal. That is an official organization change request, whereas your problem is simply a local MLS data issue. You certainly don't want to remove him from the CDOL.

First, I would see if one of them is a custom position. You said that if you try to remove "one of them", you are told to use a LUCR. That is what should happen if you try to remove the standard Stake President position. But what about the other one? Does it exhibit the same behavior?

Besides trying to delete the position, you can also look in a couple of other places:
  • In MLS, under the Stake Presidency organization, go to the Custom Positions screen and see if there is a Stake President position listed
  • Under Organizations, go to the Custom Positions Review tool and see if the stake president is listed there.
rick.winterton

Post by rick.winterton »

petersboro wrote:Under stake leadership our stake president has been entered twice. If I try to remove one of them it wants me to use the leader and unit change request. I am afraid if I use the form and submit it it will remove him completely from salt lake's records and from the CDOL.
Suggestions?
Stake presidency changes definitely have to be made using the Leader and Unit Change Request form. I suspect it's the second entry that's caused the duplicate entry.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

I would contact Clerk Support on this one. This is not the first unit that has had this issue and more often than not it has to be corrected by the programming team.
Caleb
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I concur with CZechRM's advice to call Clerk Support on this issue. I had a similar problem with the duplication of one of our Stake Patriarchs. In MLS you cannot use LUCR to change Patriarchs but you can use it to change other stake officers. You could probably remove both entries and re-enter the Stake President but I am not sure if that would raise eyebrows at Headquarters. I don't know if it would cause any other problems either so best bet is to call Clerk Support and ask for their help.

However, even after calling Salt Lake and asking for help, the first direction was to do a refresh and wait a few days. That didn't solve the problem so I called again. The duplication was only able to be removed by the programming team.

Since you do not want to remove the Stake President, I would go the route suggested by CZechRM and have the programming team complete the removal of the duplication.

Just my experience from dealing with a similar but slightly different duplication that couldn't be solved with a LUCR.

Jim
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Our stake is currently having these same issues with duplicate entries in the Stake President's Counselors. Has there been any additional information on this error aside from calling the support desk?

I noticed in this thread that a refresh didn't do the trick? Has anyone else had any success in clearing this error aside from contacting support?

Edit {12/8/09} I contacted MLS support this afternoon and after some effort on their part, I was informed that the "fix" that was supposed to be coming down next week - well, it's still broken :) The programmer will be taking another look at the cause. Once the solution has been found a patch will be sent to everyone. He also told me that after the patch transmission, I would receive a script that would instruct MLS to clear these blank/duplicate entries. It wasn't clear to me if this script would go out to everyone or just to me. If someone in the MLS help desk reads this, perhaps you can clarify this.

Bottom Line: If you're experiencing a problem with blank/duplicate entries in your MLS software, I would recommend that you contact the MLS help desk and inform them. There's no method of removing these entries yourself that wouldn't result in a bigger mess or lost data.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”