No Country or States available

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
TimValenta

No Country or States available

Post by TimValenta »

I traveled to a unit who complained that they could not enter a state or country for members. I saw that under 'Edit', 'System Options', 'System', in the Default Address Values, there are no available entries in the dropdown lists for country or state. If you try to add one manually MLS complains that the entry you made was not found in the list. Ultimately you have to clear the country box to exit the menu.

I downloaded the latest version (as of today, v 3.0.3), did an import of their latest backup (a week old) and had the same problem.

I have done a seperate test install on another computer, adding the unit in question and importing their backup. Same situation, no country or state. I added a 2nd unit's backup and found that the country list showed the U.S. and the proper state. Reverting back to the problem unit's data, it still showed nothing in the country or state boxes.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks--
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Your question is answered here in the wiki. Since the problem clearly lies with the unit data, it can probably be solved by doing a unit data refresh.

Please post back here and let us know if it works.

Good luck!
TimValenta

Post by TimValenta »

Thanks for that info from the wiki--- I had not thought to look there. I talked to the unit leader who did a send/receive on the newly installed computer. We were not able to do that the day we set it up as CHQ was not answering calls to do a security reset for the new computer. Once the send/receive went through (normal send/receive, not any of the data refresh options) the Country & State info was ok. Don't know what made the old computer lose it in the first place.

Thanks for the help!

Tim

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”