MLS and CDOL Link

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pbevington-p40

MLS and CDOL Link

Post by pbevington-p40 »

CDOL has changed and the stake positions are vastly expanded. If I update stake leadership positions in MLS it posts to the new CDOL. Does anyone know how to edit assignments? Assignments can be viewed looking at a particular president, counselor or high councilor, but I find no way to enter/edit the information
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pbevington wrote:CDOL has changed and the stake positions are vastly expanded. If I update stake leadership positions in MLS it posts to the new CDOL. Does anyone know how to edit assignments? Assignments can be viewed looking at a particular president, counselor or high councilor, but I find no way to enter/edit the information
I'm not sure what you are asking here. You say that you "update" stake leadership positions, but that you don't know how to "edit" assignments. Those sound like the same thing.

In Stake MLS, you change who is in a particular position by going to Organizations, then to the particular organization. If someone is already serving in the calling, you can give a new person that calling by clicking on the calling name. This same method can be used if you simply want to change the "set apart" flag.

If the calling is not currently listed in the organization, you can add the calling by clicking on the Add Position link, then selecting the calling from the list of standard callings, then specifying the person and sustained date.

A couple of notes here:
  • You can't change the calling name for standard callings. If that's how you were hoping to "edit" assignments, that will not be possible. You have to use the standard callings in order to link to CDOL.
  • There are a few callings (called Tier 1 callings), such as Stake President, Stake Clerk, etc., which have to be entered with a Leader and Unit Change Request.
pbevington-p40

Assignments

Post by pbevington-p40 »

Thank you for the reply. I understand how to assign callings to individuals. What my stake president understood from a CCM meeting was assignments can be made to the individuals in the calling. For example. High Councilor Wilson is assigned to family history and relief society. I see no way to add assignments. I can create new positions and add them to the high councilor to go that way around, but I go the impression you could show their responsibilities another way. Our area seventy wanted this updated soon.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pbevington wrote:Thank you for the reply. I understand how to assign callings to individuals. What my stake president understood from a CCM meeting was assignments can be made to the individuals in the calling. For example. High Councilor Wilson is assigned to family history and relief society. I see no way to add assignments. I can create new positions and add them to the high councilor to go that way around, but I go the impression you could show their responsibilities another way. Our area seventy wanted this updated soon.
Ah, now I see what you are talking about. Sorry I didn't catch the distinction the first time.

The term "Assignment" as used in the CDOL (at least for stake and ward positions) seems to be synonymous with "calling". The only way I can see to change callings is via MLS, or by using a LUCR for Tier 1 callings.

Although CDOL has a link for "Edit Assignment", that seems to be active only for the individual who is logged in, but that option really is more like an "Update Profile" option -- it just lets you edit your name or contact information.

If your area seventy wants this updated on CDOL, perhaps he could share the trick for updating assignments there -- I certainly can't find any way to do it.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”