Non-baptized asterisk

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opee

Non-baptized asterisk

Post by opee »

Can anyone tell me why the "asterisk" shows on some reports and not on others for individuals who are older than 8 and unbaptized?

Which ones does it show on? Why?
Which ones does it not show on? Why?

What is the logic/reasoning?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

opee wrote:Can anyone tell me why the "asterisk" shows on some reports and not on others for individuals who are older than 8 and unbaptized?

Which ones does it show on? Why?
Which ones does it not show on? Why?

What is the logic/reasoning?
It appears that the asterisk does not appear on class rolls or birthday lists, but it appears in other places.

See Identification of unbaptized individuals (over 8) on MLS reports for some additional thoughts.

As for the reasoning, I can only speculate that rolls are often passed around among class members, so to preserve privacy, the asterisk is not included there. Other lists would be intended for the teacher or for leaders, who in their shepherding of the child might well find that piece of information helpful.
ericb

Post by ericb »

Alan_Brown wrote:As for the reasoning, I can only speculate that rolls are often passed around among class members, so to preserve privacy, the asterisk is not included there. Other lists would be intended for the teacher or for leaders, who in their shepherding of the child might well find that piece of information helpful.

I think Alan's reasoning makes sense. However, my experience has been that most individuals are unsure of what the '*' means (particularly secretaries, which need to know for accurate attendance reporting). I think it's interesting that an '*' next to a name on a report is considered acceptable, but apparently a footnote of what it means is not.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”