Restore MLS data?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bgraabek

Restore MLS data?

Post by bgraabek »

Today I tried moving our Stake MLS data to another PC by doing an MLS backup/restore.

When trying to restore, I got a message that said something to the effect of that I was trying to restore data that had been backed up by a newer MLS version. The PC in question had MLS 3.0.2. I then installed MLS 3.0.3, but got same error message. That is obviously a bit of a show stopper. Have I discovered a bug, og is something wrong with my backup (I haven't yet been able to try to take a new backup) or?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bgraabek wrote:Today I tried moving our Stake MLS data to another PC by doing an MLS backup/restore.

When trying to restore, I got a message that said something to the effect of that I was trying to restore data that had been backed up by a newer MLS version.
Check the dates and times on the two machines. My guess is that you backed up on one machine with a date and time that is ahead of the date and time on the machine you are moving to. This will cause a very similar error.

You will not be able to restore until the date on the new machine is equal to or after the date of the backup.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

lajackson wrote:Check the dates and times on the two machines. My guess is that you backed up on one machine with a date and time that is ahead of the date and time on the machine you are moving to. This will cause a very similar error.
Along with this suggestion, you might try making another backup from the old machine. Perhaps the one that you have was not complete for some reason.
Caleb
bgraabek

Post by bgraabek »

It is indeed the date that is wrong. The CMOS battery on the old PC has died, and the person who did the backup has obviously entered an incorrect date as the MLS backup file has the date 2009-10-31. I didn't notice it when attempting to restore, so thanks to the replies that made me check this.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

bgraabek wrote:It is indeed the date that is wrong. The CMOS battery on the old PC has died, and the person who did the backup has obviously entered an incorrect date as the MLS backup file has the date 2009-10-31. I didn't notice it when attempting to restore, so thanks to the replies that made me check this.

Glad you got it to work. I made the suggestion from my own very personal experience of trying to time travel by not putting in the correct date. [grin]

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”