MLS Shutsdown during send/Receive

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rjamison-p40

MLS Shutsdown during send/Receive

Post by rjamison-p40 »

MLS 3.0.2 shutsdown after you click send and receive. just after it says dialing.

this happens with the modem or on broadband connections. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and this didn't solve the problem

I also had the local group do a security reset several times

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ray Jamison
Elma, Washington STS
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

During a send/receive operation MLS sends a call to the Afaria Client. It is possible that the shutdown is related to Afaria. When you uninstalled MLS did you note whether Afaria was uninstalled? If not then I would uninstall it from the Add or Remove Programs of the Control Panel. Once it is uninstalled check to make sure all the folders related to Afaria are removed (C:\AFARIA and C:\Program Files\AClient). Once Afaria is completely uninstalled you can then reinstall MLS.

Other problems that can cause this type of behavior are computer memory problems, an extremely fragmented hard drive, and a virus. It is hard to tell if computer RAM is bad on an administrative computer since such a high percentage of the operations done on the computer are related to MLS. Try to see if other programs shut down when run. Try OpenOffice or something that requires a lot of memory useage. You can rule out a fragmented hard drive by defragmenting it. For a virus I would make sure the latest virus definitions are installed and do a scan of the system.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Another possibility is a corrupt modem driver. After a reboot, check the Event Viewer and see if either the system or application logs hold any clues that might point you to the problem area(s).
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”