Members Without Callings List

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:To me it would make more sense if the report started with all checkboxes cleared every time the report is loaded. Having some checked and some not confuses other MLS users that use the report after you. (Well, ok...it confuses me! :rolleyes:)
It depends on why they were checked off in the first place. If one were to create a custom filtered list each time, then clearing would seem to be nice. But if it's just a "general thing", then maybe not. I suspect the most common reason people are checked off is that they are "less active" to the point of being an unknown to the Bishop. Then again, some are checked off because they ARE known to the Bishop. :o
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

mkmurray wrote:To me it would make more sense if the report started with all checkboxes cleared every time the report is loaded.
I haven't noticed a discernible pattern of whether the boxes are checked or unchecked. It seems mostly random. For example when children of record start showing up after their baptism, sometimes the box is checked sometimes it isn't. Similarly with converts. Of course there might be some pattern to it I haven't discovered yet, but for now we usually just hit the Check All or Clear All button as needed and go from there.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”