Restricting access

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JamesP-p40

Restricting access

Post by JamesP-p40 »

I am a new ward clerk in a new bishopric. My first task is to get the new bishopric access to MLS. In doing this, I've found that there is a large number of people in former leadership positions who still have access to the confidential sections of MLS, such as our HPGL who was in a previous bishopric.

Is there a policy for who should have access to certain sections of MLS?
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

While there is no policy as to who can view what information in MLS, only the individual called to the specific position over that information should have access to it (i.e. Finance Clerk over finances, Membership Clerk over membership). A High Priests Group Leader should only have access to Organizational Information, as he does not have responsibility for membership actions or finance actions. This should all be reviewed with the local priesthood leader in the unit.
Caleb
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

I believe the bishop has some discretion about how widely to extend access. So, for example, if he wants the HPGL to have access to temple status, he can do so.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

JamesP wrote:...I've found that there is a large number of people in former leadership positions who still have access to the confidential sections of MLS,
Just so you know, in MLS you may see a large number of "left over" user accounts that have been disabled. These are normal. As long as they are disabled, users (obviously) can't login with them. MLS keeps them around for financial archive purposes.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JamesP wrote:Is there a policy for who should have access to certain sections of MLS?

As people move in and out of different callings (or at any other time), an administrator can change an MLS login to allow the appropriate amount of access. Work with the bishop to determine who should have access to what.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

And since nobody mentioned it, you can find more information about MLS users at the LDSTech Wiki article MLS users.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
alhatfieldjr

Also, remember the . . .

Post by alhatfieldjr »

. . .Membership Audit should require all of those with access to be reviewed annually, at a minimum.

:)
thank you,
Bro. Al

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”