MLS Export CSV function not working?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opee

MLS Export CSV function not working?

Post by opee »

I have tried to download the Membership.csv file from the ward MLS a few times over the past 2 months, and every time I try to download it, I can export the HT, VT, Organization, and Family CSV files, as well as the Membership VCard. But the Membership.csv file is not updated.

Any one else have this problem or know what is going on?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

opee wrote:I have tried to download the Membership.csv file from the ward MLS a few times over the past 2 months, and every time I try to download it, I can export the HT, VT, Organization, and Family CSV files, as well as the Membership VCard. But the Membership.csv file is not updated.

Any one else have this problem or know what is going on?

I have had no problems exporting all these files.

Is it Membership.csv or PalmIndividual.csv that you are missing?

If the former, do you see a check box to select that file in the export dialog? If you don't, the problem could relate to your current privileges in MLS.

If the latter, be aware that the user interface changed in MLS recently. If you want to export both the VCard and csv formats for either the family and individual files, you can't do them both at once. You must export one, then invoke the export dialog again to export the other. (This is because the dialog box annoyingly uses radio buttons rather than check boxes for selecting these file formats, so they are mutually exclusive.)
opee

Post by opee »

boomerbubba wrote:Is it Membership.csv or PalmIndividual.csv that you are missing?

If the former, do you see a check box to select that file in the export dialog? If you don't, the problem could relate to your current privileges in MLS.

If the latter, be aware that the user interface changed in MLS recently. If you want to export both the VCard and csv formats for either the family and individual files, you can't do them both at once. You must export one, then invoke the export dialog again to export the other.

It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

opee wrote:It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...
Did someone set a read-only flag such that MLS isn't able to overwrite it? What happens if you delete or remove the file first?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

opee wrote:It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...

IIRC, Membership.csv doesn't have a radio button. It has a check box. It is the PalmIndividual.csv file that has a radio button.
opee

Post by opee »

RussellHltn wrote:Did someone set a read-only flag such that MLS isn't able to overwrite it? What happens if you delete or remove the file first?

I'll try this option.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”