MLS Export CSV function not working?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
opee
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:00 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

MLS Export CSV function not working?

Postby opee » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:47 pm

I have tried to download the Membership.csv file from the ward MLS a few times over the past 2 months, and every time I try to download it, I can export the HT, VT, Organization, and Family CSV files, as well as the Membership VCard. But the Membership.csv file is not updated.

Any one else have this problem or know what is going on?

RossEvans
Senior Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Contact:

Postby RossEvans » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:54 am

opee wrote:I have tried to download the Membership.csv file from the ward MLS a few times over the past 2 months, and every time I try to download it, I can export the HT, VT, Organization, and Family CSV files, as well as the Membership VCard. But the Membership.csv file is not updated.

Any one else have this problem or know what is going on?


I have had no problems exporting all these files.

Is it Membership.csv or PalmIndividual.csv that you are missing?

If the former, do you see a check box to select that file in the export dialog? If you don't, the problem could relate to your current privileges in MLS.

If the latter, be aware that the user interface changed in MLS recently. If you want to export both the VCard and csv formats for either the family and individual files, you can't do them both at once. You must export one, then invoke the export dialog again to export the other. (This is because the dialog box annoyingly uses radio buttons rather than check boxes for selecting these file formats, so they are mutually exclusive.)

User avatar
opee
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:00 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Postby opee » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 am

boomerbubba wrote:Is it Membership.csv or PalmIndividual.csv that you are missing?

If the former, do you see a check box to select that file in the export dialog? If you don't, the problem could relate to your current privileges in MLS.

If the latter, be aware that the user interface changed in MLS recently. If you want to export both the VCard and csv formats for either the family and individual files, you can't do them both at once. You must export one, then invoke the export dialog again to export the other.


It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20779
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:57 am

opee wrote:It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...


Did someone set a read-only flag such that MLS isn't able to overwrite it? What happens if you delete or remove the file first?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

RossEvans
Senior Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Contact:

Postby RossEvans » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:17 am

opee wrote:It is Membership.csv. I use the Radio button, but the file does not change in the export folder. All of the others do...


IIRC, Membership.csv doesn't have a radio button. It has a check box. It is the PalmIndividual.csv file that has a radio button.

User avatar
opee
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:00 am
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Postby opee » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:07 pm

RussellHltn wrote:Did someone set a read-only flag such that MLS isn't able to overwrite it? What happens if you delete or remove the file first?


I'll try this option.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest