MLS vs LCR expense

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jkirchmann

MLS vs LCR expense

Post by jkirchmann »

We have not yet recorded an expense through LCR, but our MLS expenses are still showing up in LCR as needing Bishop's review. From what I've read so far in the help center for recording expenditures, this should only be triggered when recording an expense through LCR and the Bishop is not one of the original approvers.

Regardless, since this is still showing up in LCR as needing our bishop's review, will the checks not clear if they are presented at the bank before he signs in and approves them? He's already approved them through our normal MLS procedures (i.e.; signed the expense report) and he is one of the signers on the actual check.
eblood66

Re: MLS vs LCR expense

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, all expenses show up in LCR for the bishop's approval unless he has already done an online approval for the expense. I'm pretty sure the approval doesn't affect whether the check will be paid or not. For the most part my bishop approved most expenses within a few days but when we first started using the new system I hadn't trained him on what he needed to do so I think there was a longer gap and I expect some of the checks went through before he did his first approvals. But I didn't track that for certain. Certainly there isn't any warning that the approval has to occur before the check is cashed.
eblood66

Re: MLS vs LCR expense

Post by eblood66 »

Actually, I just remembered that when we first found out we were on the beta there were already about a months worth of checks on his approval list before I did the first check in LCR. Almost all of those checks had already cleared. So I'm quite sure there isn't a connection there.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”