MLS 3.0 Question: Meeting Time

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

MLS 3.0 Question: Meeting Time

Post by aebrown »

In the MLS 3.0 release notes, it says under General Changes:
Recording meeting times. When it is time to change ward and branch meeting times (usually at the beginning of a new year), an urgent task will now be displayed.
My question is: how is this a change? This feature has been in MLS for several versions (see, for example, this post from back in January -- clearly in the MLS 2.9.x timeframe -- which describes the MLS feature similar to how it is described in the release notes).

There have been a couple of minor wording changes on the screen where you change the meeting times, but I don't see what is so new and improved in MLS 3.0 that led to this being included in the release notes. The way it's worded in the release notes makes it look like a new feature, which it most definitely is not.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The actual function of how the meeting times are changed is not different. What I noted was the confusion of the labeling is corrected. Before the Meeting Times section had the wording "Date When Time Changes" which implied the times would be changed on a selected date when in fact the dates had to be manually changed. The labeling now correctly states "Date times should be changed".

You are correct that the release notes should say that the meeting time change label has been changed to properly reflect that an urgent task reminder will be sent instead of saying the process is different.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”