MLS Institute Options

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bhm014

MLS Institute Options

Post by bhm014 »

Our local CES director has asked to update the Institute listing through MLS by removing the unknown students or those who do not qualify to attend institute. He said that the new listing will be send to Salt Lake through MLS. I've tried to remove the names but couldn't find how to do it because there wasn't an option to do it. Can anyone help?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lh014 wrote:Our local CES director has asked to update the Institute listing through MLS by removing the unknown students or those who do not qualify to attend institute. He said that the new listing will be send to Salt Lake through MLS. I've tried to remove the names but couldn't find how to do it because there wasn't an option to do it. Can anyone help?
I think you're getting some inaccurate instructions. There is no way to remove students. The list is always the full list of all people who fit the criteria, which is single members 18-30.

Also, I see no evidence in MLS itself or the help file, or any other instructions, that MLS sends this information to Church Headquarters. The only thing close to that is that there is an option to Export the list of potential Institute students (which creates a delimited file called INSTITUTE.DAT). The "Institute" topic in the MLS help file says:
The CES representative or stake personnel may ask you to print or export this list for CES purposes.
One other detail I had never noticed: the INSTITUTE.DAT file does not contain the "Attending postsecondary education" flag, or the name of the school. I had assumed that information would be included, but it is not.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”