Family History calling titles

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mripley

Family History calling titles

Post by mripley »

Recently, Family History calling titles have changed with no explanation given. The Temple and Family History Consultant - Indexing calling title no longer includes the Indexing designator. Also, the Lead designator has been dropped for lead consultants.
Is it possible that all FH consultants help members in every part of familysearch.org including Indexing?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Family History calling titles

Post by sbradshaw »

More information about the changes for lead consultants can be found here:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p191034

I think the intent is that:
1) "Temple and Family History Leader" should be a Melchizedek priesthood holder (the role he holds is essentially the role that the high priest group leader used to hold for temple and family history); and there can only be one person in that position. "Temple and Family History Consultant—Lead" allowed multiple leads and didn't enforce whether or not they were Melchizedek priesthood holders. Therefore, "leads" couldn't be automatically transitioned to "leader."
2) All temple and family history consultants should work together to move forward temple and family history work in their wards and stakes. Having "indexing" as a separate calling title created an artificial boundary.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lancer

Post by lancer »

I have member who wants me to put her in as "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant—Indexing" but I do not have that option in my stake callings under the Temple and Family History Section as a standard calling. She is called over indexing but I have her in as "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant"
So did that calling with indexing get removed? She is not able to see the individual ward reports for family history now. She was able to see them about 2 weeks ago she says. I am seeing if there is something that I can do or if there is more information out there explaining any changes.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

"Stake Temple and Family History Consultant—Indexing" no longer exists as a standard calling. She will be able to see indexing reports if you add her as a general "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant."
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”