Problem Printing Financial Statement

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
craiggsmith

Problem Printing Financial Statement

Post by craiggsmith »

A ward clerk in my stake is experiencing a problem printing a unit financial statement within MLS. It begins to generate and the progress bar gets about 2/3 way through but never completes. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
eblood66

Re: Problem Printing Financial Statement

Post by eblood66 »

I'd just print from LCR instead.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks, I suggested that and they'll try that later. Unfortunately since we STSs can't access anything in LCR (even though we're expected to support it) I wasn't sure if that was available.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

LCR works fine, but we still wonder why statements and invoices won't print within MLS. The issue is in the print dialog - the preview never finishes generating and the OK button is never highlighted. Oh well, just surprised no one has seen this issue. And no, rebooting didn't help.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

craiggsmith wrote:LCR works fine, but we still wonder why statements and invoices won't print within MLS. The issue is in the print dialog - the preview never finishes generating and the OK button is never highlighted. Oh well, just surprised no one has seen this issue. And no, rebooting didn't help.
I wonder if it has to do with file size. I don't have any evidence, but it seems MLS struggles more with printing, say, the monthly financial report than it does with a single-page document. Ours this time was 127 pages, but I printed if from LCR before I checked MLS.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Some of these were just single page IROPs. But the progress bar showed it was trying to generate 67M, which seems really weird. And it would get into the 50s, then suddenly go back to the 30s. We have really poor internet in that building, but we tried when no one else was on the network and it didn't help. And I would assume it has all the info it needs to generate it locally anyway.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Try downloading the PDF of the file and then opening the PDF document using Adobe Acrobat Reader and printing from that. I do this whenever I run into any printing problems of the MLS generated PDF documents.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

It doesn't get that far, it's the generation of the PDF that has the problem. He has been printing from LCR but doesn't like it.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It would not hurt to install MLS over the top of the current installation. Doing this will replace certain MLS files that could have become corrupt.

Just make sure the clerk understands an over the top installation does not require MLS to be uninstalled. He downloads the MLS installer from the Help Center and then installs MLS with that installer to the same folder as the current installation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

craiggsmith wrote:It doesn't get that far, it's the generation of the PDF that has the problem. He has been printing from LCR but doesn't like it.
I'm guessing that at some point in the future LCR will be the only option. If there are things that aren't as good there it would be good to submit feedback to get it improved.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”