MLS 3.0 Issue: Can't Transfer Between Two Accounts

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
PNMarkW2

MLS 3.0 Issue: Can't Transfer Between Two Accounts

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Today we were trying to transfer a balance from one 'other" sub-account to another "other" sub-account. Both accounts show up on the "Income and Expense Summary by Sub-Category" report, and both have a balance, but when we go to enter the transfer the from account is not showing up for us to select.

This was the second transfer were were doing from one other account to another, the first having gone fine, but it was one only transfer in this batch.

I can't swear this is a 3.0 issue, but I'm not aware of us having any problems prior to today.
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Today we were trying to transfer a balance from one 'other" sub-account to another "other" sub-account. Both accounts show up on the "Income and Expense Summary by Sub-Category" report, and both have a balance, but when we go to enter the transfer the from account is not showing up for us to select.

This was the second transfer were were doing from one other account to another, the first having gone fine, but it was one only transfer in this batch.

I can't swear this is a 3.0 issue, but I'm not aware of us having any problems prior to today.
I don't see any such problem, unless the category you were hoping to transfer from is inactive. Have you checked under Add/Update Categories to see if that category is still active?

The fact that you were able to do another transfer confirms that there is no general problem creating transfers. So I suspect that the one category you are having problems with is inactive.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Alan_Brown wrote:I don't see any such problem, unless the category you were hoping to transfer from is inactive. Have you checked under Add/Update Categories to see if that category is still active?

The fact that you were able to do another transfer confirms that there is no general problem creating transfers. So I suspect that the one category you are having problems with is inactive.
I'll check when I get a chance (tomorrow). But I thought you couldn't make an account inactive while it still had a balance?
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three."
---Alice Kahn
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

PNMarkW2 wrote:I thought you couldn't make an account inactive while it still had a balance?
That has not always been the case. I don't recall when MLS started adding this restriction, but in earlier versions of MLS you could inactivate any subcategory (that you added -- never the built-in categories), regardless of its balance.
PNMarkW2

Post by PNMarkW2 »

Thanks for the info. Just for the sake of completeness, the active/inactive status of the account was the issue, once I activated the account all was well.

Thanks Alan
~Mark
Ward Clerk
Colonial Heights Ward
Portland Oregon Stake

-----
---Alice Kahn
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

PNMarkW2 wrote:Just for the sake of completeness,
Thank you for the update. Completing the loop helps everyone. Thanks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”