MLS and LCR comparison

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
brofisher

MLS and LCR comparison

Post by brofisher »

I have been trying to read as much as I can find but still have the question, can we now do everything on LCR that was previously done on MLS? There must be a few things that can't be done on LCR otherwise MLS would no longer be needed
drepouille

Re: MLS and LCR comparison

Post by drepouille »

Financial changes, including donations, expenses (checks), and transfers. Also, signature cards.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Organizational Budgets are not in LCR yet either.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

davesudweeks wrote:Organizational Budgets are not in LCR yet either.
Forgot about that. I get around it by assigning the same budget amount to each auxiliary (since they never provide an estimated budget for the coming year). As we approach the end of the year, I look in LCR Finance to see how much each auxiliary has spent, and subtract that amount from the original allocation, so I can tell each president how much money remains in their budget.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think most of the membership stuff can be done in LCR. But wouldn't be surprised if there's probably one or two things left.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
DLeonClark

Post by DLeonClark »

How to change the address of a member who has moved within the same ward?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:I think most of the membership stuff can be done in LCR. But wouldn't be surprised if there's probably one or two things left.
Now that custom reports and mailing labels are in LCR, I'm not aware of anything (unless there are some criteria or fields in the MLS custom reports that aren't in LCR--I don't have access to LCR custom reports to compare).

Handling expenses is in beta for LCR now. Once that's released it will only be donations, transfers and budgets left as far as I can tell.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”