Outstanding reconciliation items actually cleared

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rac59

Outstanding reconciliation items actually cleared

Post by rac59 »

My monthly unit financial statement printed today indicates I have three checks that are outstanding. The MLS system under "View /Update Expenses" indicates two of those three have actually cleared (status = "Approved"), and I know at least one of those two cleared as of three weeks ago. What likely explains this discrepancy?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Outstanding reconciliation items actually cleared

Post by jdlessley »

Normally the cutoff date is the end of the month for a statement for checks that cleared the church financial department earlier in the month. That is why it takes about a week into the following month for the statements to arrive in MLS and in LCR. The statement for our ward is not yet available for the month of October. It will arrive this coming weekend.

I am guessing the statement you are looking at is the September statement. That would explain the discrepancy for checks printed in October and even at the end of September. Remember it will take time for the checks to be cashed by the check payee, then processed by the banking system, and then processed by the church.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”