MLS 3.0 Issue: Form fill-in erases fields

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
terrysackett

MLS 3.0 Issue: Form fill-in erases fields

Post by terrysackett »

I downloaded the most recent version of MLS yesterday (13 Jun 2009), and used it for the first time today. Here are two issues I have encountered:

1. When filling out the form for a baptism/confirmation, I came to the section where the interviewer's information is entered. I entered my bishop's name in the first box (which should be a drop-down list), then entered the date. The last box was his office. I clicked the drop-down arrow and selected "Bishop". As soon as "Bishop" appeared in the box, his name and the date went blank and had to be re-entered.

I had the exact same issue when I entered the boy's father's info as the person performing the ordinance.

2.[Editor's note: this issue is now in the Standardized calling names thread.]

I hope this is helpful, and I'll be looking forward to the next update!

Terry Sackett
Stewart Ranch Ward Clerk
Las Vegas Nevada East Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SR Ward Clerk wrote:1. When filling out the form for a baptism/confirmation, I came to the section where the interviewer's information is entered. I entered my bishop's name in the first box (which should be a drop-down list), then entered the date. The last box was his office. I clicked the drop-down arrow and selected "Bishop". As soon as "Bishop" appeared in the box, his name and the date went blank and had to be re-entered.

I had the exact same issue when I entered the boy's father's info as the person performing the ordinance.
Well, the steps aren't quite accurate, but the basic problem reported is indeed a problem. To clarify:
  1. Go to Reports/Forms > Ordinance Record Forms, then choose Baptism and Confirmation Record from the list.
  2. Fill in the requested information as you go.
  3. The problems occur in the Baptism Information section.
  4. The "Person conducting interview" field should have the standard magnifying glass selector, since the interviewer for a non-convert baptism should be a member of the ward.
  5. Then you enter the title (in a regular text field).
  6. Then you enter the date (in the normal date controls).
  7. Then you select the person performing the baptism. This field has a magnifying glass selector. When you use the selector to actually pick a person, the name of the interviewer, title, and baptism date are all cleared.
  8. So you have to go back and enter in those three pieces of data.
  9. You enter the priesthood office in a normal dropdown (and there is no option for Bishop -- just Priest, Elder, High Priest, and Apostle)
  10. A similar problem occurs in the Confirmation Information box, where selecting the person performing the ordinance wipes out the previously entered confirmation date.
So it appears that when a selector is not the first thing in a group box, using that selector to choose a person clears all information entered in that box.

This could be quite a frustration, since the natural flow leads you to enter information that you will most certainly erase on a subsequent step. Good job finding this one and getting it reported!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”