MLS 3.0 Issue: Calling restrictions based on organization

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SR Ward Clerk wrote:Actually, counting my issue with adding a person as a leader in a quorum of a different priesthood office, along with the other person that reported it, makes two. I haven't had a reason to try to do it since early last year, and I tried three times then. It may have been fixed in versions that were released after that time. Also, as I'm sure you know, there are many clerks that don't even use this Web site. I've never heard anyone in my stake mention it.As far as the home teaching districts issue is concerned, no one in my ward has tried to edit the assignments yet. My EQ president came to the office tonight to enter and view home teaching visits while I was updating the callings board in the bishop's office. He didn't have any problems with the mixed elder/HP companionships being cleared out, but he was not in the assignments screen, so it probably wasn't an accurate test.

This thread is discussing changes caused by the MLS 3.0 upgrade, so any issue that predates the conversion to MLS 3.0 would belong in a different thread. But we have multiple reports that there is no problem in current MLS (2.9.4 or 3.0) with adding a person with another priesthood office to the leadership of a quorum, as long as you add them to the quorum organization first. I'd recommend you try that procedure now. If you have problems, please report it in a new thread, since it is not specific to MLS 3.0.

My comment about wanting additional verification referred specifically to the issue reported by preston.baxter where existing HT assignments made to Elders in the HP organization (or vice versa) were disappearing when you simply view such assignments. That's the issue I was counting results for, and at this point, there is still only one report of that problem (and two reports that such a problem does not occur, as well as a post stating that such an issue has not been reported to Local Unit Support). I think it's safe to conclude that that particular issue is not a general problem with MLS 3.0; either the report is not accurate, or the issue is specific to one installation of MLS 3.0.
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

Alan_Brown wrote:This thread is discussing changes caused by the MLS 3.0 upgrade, so any issue that predates the conversion to MLS 3.0 would belong in a different thread. But we have multiple reports that there is no problem in current MLS (2.9.4 or 3.0) with adding a person with another priesthood office to the leadership of a quorum, as long as you add them to the quorum organization first. I'd recommend you try that procedure now. If you have problems, please report it in a new thread, since it is not specific to MLS 3.0.

My apologies. I didn't realize there were separate threads for issues in 3.0 and previous versions, and threads for 3.0 only.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I'm also not sure my original post was a 3.0-specific issue. It just happened that the week we got a new bishop, and the week I tried to make some of these MLS changes, was the same that 3.0 was downloaded.

As to the specific issue of assigning the bishop as an EQ HT supervisor, by temporarily adding him to the Elders group I was able to make the change.

Further to the original post about the pop-up warning message, I can not re-create the "error." Now that I have our bishop assigned to an EQ district, clicking on his name does NOT result in the same error as I was seeing before. Whatever the issue is or was, I can not cause it to happen again.

I'm not crazy. Well, maybe sometimes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

preston.baxter wrote:I'm not crazy. Well, maybe sometimes.
Hey, we're all a little crazy, and software is not completely predictable. But thanks for reporting back on the issue -- it's helpful to know that it's not the big problem it might have seemed at first.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”