Directory Access for out of unit YM / YW leaders

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jsorens6

Directory Access for out of unit YM / YW leaders

Post by jsorens6 »

We are in the process of potentially calling a single YM presidency that would cover 2 units. Is there a way to set them up in LCR so they can have information for both wards YM? For example, if the president comes from the 1st ward, can he be setup somehow to see the 2nd ward's YM roster and other information?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Directory Access for out of unit YM / YW leaders

Post by lajackson »

Each holds the standard position in their own home ward in LCR.
Each is added to the other ward as an out-of-unit member and given the same standard position.
They should then each be able to see information for both units.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:They should then each be able to see information for both units.
Separately, not combined. I think they will have to switch views to switch between wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jsorens6

Post by jsorens6 »

Thank you! That is exactly how I hoped it would work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Separately, not combined. I think they will have to switch views to switch between wards.
That is correct. They will have to do everything twice, once for each unit. Two class rolls, two reports, etc.

But it works. We use the process for our overlay Spanish-speaking branch where the adults meet separately, but the youth and children combine for their groups and classes.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”