preston.baxter wrote:Apparently I can no longer assign a non-Elder to a position within the "Other Callings" area of the Elders organization? For example, I had assigned the bishop as the supervisor for a district comprised of those who have requested that they not be contacted by home teachers. This is very convenient since he writes a monthly letter to those assigned to this district. However the bishop is no longer available in the selection list, and I get a pop-up message stating the current assignment will be cleared because he "is not a valid candidate for the selected organization and position." Is there a way around this new restriction?
Here's a way to work around this. It worked fine on the test database for MLS 3.0:
- Under Organizations > High Priests, go to the Members section.
- Find the bishop and click on the Remove link to the right of his name.
- In the dialog box that pops up, select Edlers for the Destination Organization.
- Now go to the Elders organization, and you should be able to assign him to any position, including Elders Home Teaching District Supervisor.
- Now go back to the High Priests organization, and click Add Member.
- Find the bishop and check the box by his name, then click Save.
- Now the bishop will be a member of both the High Priests and Elders organizations and can be assigned positions in either organization.
Of course, the same procedure will work for anyone -- I just used the bishop as an example because that was the specific scenario mentioned.