MLS 3.0 Issue: Other Resources missing

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
waltbristow

MLS 3.0 Issue: Other Resources missing

Post by waltbristow »

When I did a send/receive this afternoon there was a message that 2.9.4. was being installed. We already had 2.9.4 installed.

After rebooting (as instructed), the first thing I noticed was that in the "Other Resources" tab, the links for seminary/institute was gone. At least I think that's what was there before.

I did another send/receive. Again there was a message that 2.9.4. was being installed. Okay.

Another reboot. Now there is nothing in the "Other Resources" panel. Before it had a link for confidential forms, didn't it?

Anyone know what's going on?

Walt Bristow
Lynchburg (Virginia) 2nd Ward Clerk
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

Okay, I'm baffled. After the last post I did another send/receive. Again there was the message about upgrading to 2.9.4. Now the confidential forms link is there again in the "Other Resources" panel. But still nothing for seminary and institute.

Walt
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wbristow wrote:Okay, I'm baffled. After the last post I did another send/receive. Again there was the message about upgrading to 2.9.4. Now the confidential forms link is there again in the "Other Resources" panel. But still nothing for seminary and institute.
For stakes that participate in the MLS beta program, a beta version of MLS 3.0 was downloaded, starting sometime yesterday (12 Jun 2009). Unfortunately, the download message says that " MLS version 2.9.4 is currently being patched to your computer," even though it is actually version 3.0. Somehow your MLS thinks that MLS still has to be patched, even though you did reboot. I'm guessing that MLS still is labeled as 2.9.4, which is a mystery.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the Seminary and Institute link -- I saw that this morning both before and after I upgraded to MLS 3.0.
schestev

Post by schestev »

Hi,
I just posted essentially this same thing in the other thread about the "ratty" font in 3.0. I would have posted it here, had I seen it first.

That said, WE are not a Beta Stake, but still got the 2.9.4 upgrade anyhow nor did we request it...but now that we have it, well...now what?

Just an FYI for who(m)ever it is that lurks within the walls of these forums listening to the chatter.

--- Steve
waltbristow

Post by waltbristow »

The other thing missing in the panel (along with the link for seminary and institute info) is the link for Church audits. Gee, I guess that means the Church is doing away with audits! Right? :)

By the way, my stake is NOT (at least has not been in the past and no one said anything recently) a beta test stake.

Walt
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

This is making me think there could have been a mistake. Perhaps they forced out a patch to everyone which gave most 2.9.4 again, but people in the beta program got 3.0...?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mkmurray wrote:This is making me think there could have been a mistake. Perhaps they forced out a patch to everyone which gave most 2.9.4 again, but people in the beta program got 3.0...?
We are not a beta stake. This morning we received a forced (could not refuse) "2.9.4 patch" that was 2.6+ meg in size, took over 1+1/2 hours to download on the 35kbps dialup, and loaded the 3.0.0_15688 June 12, 2009 14:15 version of MLS.

I have 24kbps buildings that will take 2+1/4 hours or more to get the little 2.6+ meg "patch" tomorrow. The file is not available at the MLS site to avoid the download.

I am livid. Our stake president had me apologize in priesthood leadership meeting to the 14 bishops and branch presidents for what they are about to experience. I will stop raging for now.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I might add that I think it may have been a mistake.

And unless they cut off downloads during prime time Sunday, I think they are heading for a train wreck when everyone dials in to report their financial deposits. Just my opinion (based on about five years of experience with big upgrades). [grin]
schestev

Post by schestev »

lajackson wrote:I might add that I think it may have been a mistake.

And unless they cut off downloads during prime time Sunday, I think they are heading for a train wreck when everyone dials in to report their financial deposits. Just my opinion (based on about five years of experience with big upgrades). [grin]

Can't disagree with you there. But what a stupendous train wreck it would be to watch...test of faith brethren, a test of faith.

I do hope SOMEONE is listening and disables autoupdates before tomorrow morning.

--- Steve
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wbristow wrote:The other thing missing in the panel (along with the link for seminary and institute info) is the link for Church audits. Gee, I guess that means the Church is doing away with audits! Right?

I have updated 5 wards and the stake, and I've not seen any issues with anything in the Other Resources panel -- I always still have Church Audits, Seminary and Institute, and Confidential Reports and Forms (and for the stake, the new Leader and Unit Change Request).

So whatever you're seeing (or not seeing, in this case) seems to be an unusual circumstance -- certainly not something that people in general should be worrying about with regard to the MLS 3.0 upgrade.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”