MLS does not load

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
yongsa

MLS does not load

Post by yongsa »

Hello:

For two weeks now we've been having issues with our MLS.

When we double click on the MLS icon on our windows 10, the splash screen comes up, the closes.

Nothing LDS related in the Windows 10 Task Manager, so it's not loading.

Any tips on where we should start to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bro Herb Cruz
Maple Ridge Ward, Abbotsford BC Stake
Canada
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS does not load

Post by russellhltn »

Download MLS and install on top of the existing. If that doesn't work, I think you'll have to call support on Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It is quite possible that someone made the mistake of answering "NO" to the RTpack.exe utility the last time MLS updates were released. I know I did that years ago because I had no idea what RTpack.exe was, or why it was running on my admin PC.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:It is quite possible that someone made the mistake of answering "NO" to the RTpack.exe utility the last time MLS updates were released.
Maybe, but I've not heard of that causing MLS to stop loading. I think what usually happens is that keeps prompt coming up each time MLS starts until someone says "yes".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Agreed. Someone would need to review the MLS log file to determine the error message.
I should have written rtpatch.exe, rather than rtpack.exe, by the way.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jirp

Post by jirp »

russellhltn wrote:Download MLS and install on top of the existing. If that doesn't work, I think you'll have to call support on Monday.

Be aware you need to be able to call church headquarters to do this. You have to reset the security token for MLS with any install before you can use it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jirp wrote:Be aware you need to be able to call church headquarters to do this. You have to reset the security token for MLS with any install before you can use it.
No call is required to download MLS. Loading MLS on top of itself doesn't usually trigger the security token.

Doing a new install, or a uninstall/re-install would trigger that. Sometimes messing with the data files can do it.

aclawson

Post by aclawson »

jirp wrote:Be aware you need to be able to call church headquarters to do this. You have to reset the security token for MLS with any install before you can use it.
If you back up the MLS directories, install the fresh copy of MLS, then restore the backup (NOT through the MLS process, you do this with Windows Explorer) then the security token reset is not needed.

I believe you want the enter folder "LDS Church" which is found under c:\ProgramData.

Install MLS but do NOT run it.

Put your copy of ..\LDS Church\ back into C:\ProgramData and THEN run MLS and you should be fine.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”