Second Elders Quorum Leadership

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bradc77

Second Elders Quorum Leadership

Post by bradc77 »

I work with a YSA ward. We have 2 Elders quorums. MLS shows both quorums but doesn't let me make any leadership calling changes. LCR allows me to change the Elders quorum presidency, but I can't figure out how to set up the 2nd quorum presidency. For now, I have created custom callings - Elders Quorum 2 President, etc. But since those are custom callings, they don't have the leadership flag set, so the 2nd quorum presidency has no access to leadership information.

This was all set up properly until changes were made after general conference - at least as far as I know - I'm also a new ward clerk in the YSA ward, so entirely clear on how it was before.

I've searched everywhere I can think and can't find a way to set up the 2nd quorum leadership in a way that works. Any help would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Second Elders Quorum Leadership

Post by russellhltn »

bradc77 wrote:I work with a YSA ward. We have 2 Elders quorums.
Looking over there letter that announced the change, it would appear to be that there is to be one quorum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

FAQ #5 here: https://www.lds.org/mycalling/ministering-faq?lang=eng indicates that a unit can have more than 1 Elders Quorum.

On LCR, navigate to: Organizations | Elders Quorum
You should see a pencil icon just to the right of the title "Elders Quorum"
When you click on the pencil, it gives you the option to split the quorum which should allow you to assign the 2nd presidency as standard callings.
I have never done this and we don't have the need, so cannot give any advice beyond the above...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Looking over there letter that announced the change, it would appear to be that there is to be one [elders] quorum.
Item 5 in the Enclosure to the First Presidency letter dated April 2, 2018, says a ward can have more than one elders quorum and provides some guidance on how they should be balanced.

Elder Rasband quoted this portion of the Enclosure in his talk at the General Priesthood Session. In fact, I think between Elder Christofferson and Elder Rasband, they covered the entire Enclosure.
bradc77

Post by bradc77 »

Thanks. The pencil icon was the key. I just didn't see that yesterday. Once I knew it, it was obvious. The only other trick is that you have to move people into the new quorum before you can give them an assignment. Having done that, it works great. Thanks for the help. We're all good now.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”