Ordination Report by Date

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bragi

Ordination Report by Date

Post by bragi »

Is there any way to pull up elder and high priest ordination for the stake, arranged by ordination date? This would be extremely useful for printing the the new ordinations for stake conference sustaining. For example, if this option were available I could pull up the list of elders in the stake, sort the list by ordination date, then cut and paste all the elders ordained since last stake conference to be read for sustaining in the current stake conference business.
davesudweeks

Re: Ordination Report by Date

Post by davesudweeks »

You may be able to do it through MLS (if the ordination dates are in the database) using a custom report. I don't have experience with Stake MLS, but Ward MLS has a pretty robust custom report editor that can do it if the data is there.

MLS will allow you to export the report as a .csv file so you can import the data into a spreadsheet application very easily.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, it looks like you can do that in MLS.

However, keep in mind the list will only include those who are still in the stake. It will not include those who were ordained and then moved out. An example might be a missionary who left on their mission and subsequently the family moved.

Therefore, I think it would be best to have another way of tracking this. If your stake has any kind of paperwork that's used for tracking the request/fulfillment process, I'd adjust it to retain a copy to use for creating this report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I seem to remember that there was a priesthood advancement queue on Leader and Clerk Resources where a bishop filled out his part, then submitted to the stake. Does that queue show those who have already passed through the process? (It was on the stake-level Leader and Clerk Resources as a clerk; I no longer have access to see.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”