Problems with MLS this weekend?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

No issues with anything I printed this weekend either. Upgraded to 2.9.4 early Saturday morning prior to start of conference. Printed multiple items this weekend with no problems noted.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

We had our stake conference this weekend. MLS was updated on Friday and I had no reports of any issues with printing or anything else.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
iamdavid

Post by iamdavid »

Back to my issue with duplicated Financial data etc.

I still have multiple (now four) copies of the Donations for 26th April. MSR tell me they only see one line - I see four identical lines in MLS. The Donation batches before and since are fine - just that one day.

Without my having to go read up on MLS - can anyone tell me off the top of their head whether or not I can do a Data Refresh without pre-arranging that with MSR? (MSR is our Service Centre in Australia)

I know it's possible for an Admin to innitiate the Refresh from inside MLS but is there the need to get permission from MSR, is what I'm asking.

We have no other problems. MLS 2.9.4 is running fine and printing good copy so far as I had the chance to see. They asked me not to even touch the PC this week. "Stay out of the office. Talk to your wife!" They both divorced meh! *sigh*

But yes. Refresh. Any hassles against simply doing one??

Thanks brethren.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WenU wrote:Without my having to go read up on MLS - can anyone tell me off the top of their head whether or not I can do a Data Refresh without pre-arranging that with MSR? (MSR is our Service Centre in Australia)

I know it's possible for an Admin to initiate the Refresh from inside MLS but is there the need to get permission from MSR, is what I'm asking.
Any MLS administrator can initiate a refresh in MLS without getting permission from the administration office. However, in your case it won't do any good. The refresh that can be done from MLS ("Request Unit Refresh Data") only lets you refresh four things:
  • Membership records
  • Countries, States, and Provinces List
  • Temple List
  • Language List
Note that there is nothing there about financial records, which is where you are having your problem. So this will not help you at all.

It sounds like your MLS database has some bad financial data. I have dealt with similar cases before, and there are only two ways to fix it:
  1. Restore an MLS backup prior to when the problems started happening, then redo all the work that has been done since then. This is a very painful option, since it involves a lot of work and you might not have records of everything that was done since the last backup.
  2. Have the administration office fix the database for you.
This second option involves:
  1. Communicating with your Local Unit Support, who will set a flag to have your database sent to them.
  2. Do a Send/Receive to send the database
  3. Wait for Support to fix the database and let you know that it has been fixed
  4. Do a Send/Receive to receive the corrected database
iamdavid

Post by iamdavid »

Thank You Alan!

That was the answer I expected. The Sister on the phone did tell me, if the problem was still there today (Sunday) to call them back tomorrow.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”