MLS suggestions on the Wiki

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
User avatar
ericb
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Vancouver USA

MLS suggestions on the Wiki

Postby ericb » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:29 pm

I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 pm

ericb wrote:I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').

I can't answer for Church employees, but I will say that my guess is that they have reviewed that page at least a few times. The reason I assert this is because the very similar Suggestions wiki page for LUWS has become most of the basis for the new Local Unit Web Sites community development project that has just been posted: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Local_Unit_Website_Project

Does that give you a least a 'luke-warm fuzzy'? :)
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

User avatar
ericb
Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am
Location: Vancouver USA

Postby ericb » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm

mkmurray wrote:I can't answer for Church employees, but I will say that my guess is that they have reviewed that page at least a few times. The reason I assert this is because the very similar Suggestions wiki page for LUWS has become most of the basis for the new Local Unit Web Sites community development project that has just been posted: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Local_Unit_Website_Project

Does that give you a least a 'luke-warm fuzzy'? :)


Well, a luke-warm fuzzy is better than none at all! I image the church is utilizing some sort of change management tool to manage the requests...it would be nice if that information could be made available to those that have invested their time and talent to the cause.

User avatar
mkmurray
Senior Member
Posts: 3241
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 pm
Location: Utah
Contact:

Postby mkmurray » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:41 pm

ericb wrote:Well, a luke-warm fuzzy is better than none at all! I image the church is utilizing some sort of change management tool to manage the requests...it would be nice if that information could be made available to those that have invested their time and talent to the cause.

Well, there is a bug and task reporting tool called Jira that is being utilized for the Community-developed projects. It isn't open to the general public however, and will likely be used more for the actual development of the project.
Many questions are already answered on the LDSTech wiki. Check it out!

User avatar
Jimmer-p40
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: United States, Utah

Postby Jimmer-p40 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:33 am

ericb wrote:I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').



The answer to your question is yes. There is a team that is watching for abuse and proper updates and usage. However I think the whole idea of the Wiki is for the community to do most of the editing. There are a few employees that I know of that are putting new things out on the wiki almost weekly. Isn't there a place where you can look at the "page edits" on any of the posts? if you go there you should be able to see who has edited a page and who they are. ie. church employee

Ill go and take a look and let you know what I find out.

User avatar
Jimmer-p40
New Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:56 pm
Location: United States, Utah

Postby Jimmer-p40 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:41 am

ericb wrote:I think the Wiki started some time ago is a great way to consolidate the various requests for MLS features (including bug reports).

As others have done, I've taken the time on several occasions to include what I feel would be beneficial to many clerks and ward members. Does anyone happen to know if this information is being reviewed on a regular basis?

I've checked occasionally over the past few months, and have not been able to identify if the information is being reviewed by church employees -- a simple note, comment, priority, workflow...anything would be helpful to convey the information isn't going unnoticed (you know...a 'warm fuzzy').



Ok so on any page in the Wiki, if you go to the top of the page and click on the "History" Tab, it will show you all of the edits. From there if you click on the usernames of those people who made the edits, it should tell you if that person is a church employee.

Hope this helps.
Jim


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest