Feedback on new electronic Baptism Form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ARTEST4ECHO

Feedback on new electronic Baptism Form

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

Since this is titled "MLS Support, Help, and Feedback" section, I thought I would try posting here. Our Ward is the home of the Little Rock Mission office, so in my short time as the Memberships Clerk, we have had about 6 convert baptisms. Just recently they have been sending me electronic versions of the "Baptism and Confirmation Record". This is great and all, but there is a disconnect between this form and what LCR requires when recording baptisms. LCR requires the name and either Birthday or Membership number of those performing the ordinance. This information is NOT on the form. This creates the situation where I have to track down this information two weeks or so after they baptism, since the mission office creates the actual record, so that we can print off the certificates.

It would be a good idea to change this form, or allow the clerk to just enter the name and office of which missionary did the ordinances.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Feedback on new electronic Baptism Form

Post by russellhltn »

Unless something has changed, convert records should be created by the mission, not the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

The office creates the record but the ward prints the certificate. The birthdate or MRN is needed in order to include the name of the person performing the baptism on the certificate. The mission is supposed to give a copy of the baptism record to the ward as well even though they create the record.

I'm guessing they are just printing to the form from the Convert Data Entry system to PDF and emailing it. I very much doubt that the CDE system will be changed at this point. It's basically a stripped down version of MLS and MLS is going away. Although there has been no specific announcement I expect LCR will be enhanced to allow missions to record baptisms and CDE will be phased out. When that happens the mission will probably be able to enter the person who performed the baptism themselves. Until then we will probably have to live with the mismatch between their form and LCR.

However, feel free to submit feedback using the link at the bottom of LCR regarding the issue. That's the way to get suggestions to the decision makers for LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

eblood66 wrote:The office creates the record but the ward prints the certificate. The birthdate or MRN is needed in order to include the name of the person performing the baptism on the certificate. The mission is supposed to give a copy of the baptism record to the ward as well even though they create the record.
It has been this way for as long as I can remember. Once the membership record is received in the ward you can edit the ordinance to add the MRN of the person performing the baptism and the MRN of the person performing the confirmation. Without the MRN you can still input the names but the certifcate will not have the priesthood office.

The mission office software does not have the capability to input the people who did the baptism or the confirmation
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:Without the MRN you can still input the names but the certifcate will not have the priesthood office.
In LCR you have to have the MRN or name and birthdate. You can't enter just the name. If you don't have the MRN or name and birthdate you can still print the certificate but it won't have the name of the person who performed the baptism.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”