Assigning an Elder to Assistant HPG Secretary

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
vitalitychernobyl

Assigning an Elder to Assistant HPG Secretary

Post by vitalitychernobyl »

HP group leader says that according to the handbook, a member who is an Elder can be given the assignment of assistant HPG secretary, but I am not able to do this in the MLS interface. When I attempt to create this custom calling, the search member field seems to be filtering on HP in the ward. Is there a way I can accomplish this assignment in MLS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Assigning an Elder to Assistant HPG Secretary

Post by russellhltn »

Sometimes the developers are given "business rules" by the Priesthood department that don't quite match the Handbook. In that situation, it's the Handbook that's behind.

However, before assuming that, I'd move the Elder into the HPG. It's probably blocking callings from outside the quorum.

I think setting callings via MLS has been disabled a long time ago. So I doubt if that's an option.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:I think setting callings via MLS has been disabled a long time ago. So I doubt if that's an option.
Correct! Callings can only be done via LCR now.
vitalitychernobyl

Post by vitalitychernobyl »

Thank you for the responses. I will make sure to refer to the interface as LCR from now on :D

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”