Callings for Non-Members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
halifaxhurst

Callings for Non-Members

Post by halifaxhurst »

Hey All..

I know there are many discussions about this but they seem to trail off in specific examples. I need a little help... We have a non-member who has accepted a calling..is there a way to record this in LDS tools?

Thanks All
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Callings for Non-Members

Post by russellhltn »

No. Without the ability to add a non-member, there's no way I can think of to record a non-member has having a calling. Nor is there a way to add them to the directory unless they are a spouse of a member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Callings for Non-Members

Post by russellhltn »

Handbook 2: 19.1.1 says "People who are not members of the Church may be called to some positions, such as organist, music director, and assistant Scout leader.", so it would appear that it is allowed to call non-members. But I have yet to see any way of recording them. I'd phrase any feedback in LCR to point to the manual and ask how it can be recorded for the ward to see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”