Changing "Ordained high priest by"....

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
TKhanson

Changing "Ordained high priest by"....

Post by TKhanson »

I'm membership clerk in an Alpine, Utah ward. I have a 76 year old member approach me today with a request. He said the person recorded on his record having ordained him to High Priest back in '88 is incorrect. He provided me a copy of his "Line of Authority" card that shows a different individual than who the record shows. How would I go about getting his record updated? I have no reason to disbelieve him, nor think the line of authority card he presented was in error or falsifiable information.

Thanks,

T. Hanson
drepouille

Re: Changing "Ordained high priest by"....

Post by drepouille »

You could use MLS to send a message to membership support. However, they would need to have enough information to positively identify the person who performed the ordination. That would include the fulll name and birth date, or the MRN.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
cspinfo@telus.net

Post by cspinfo@telus.net »

Since LCR still doesn't allow Ward-level clerks to make changes to Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations, couldn't the Stake membership clerk (or Stake clerk) also make any needed corrections to MP ordinations?
Regardless of who makes the change (Stake-level clerk or Membership support):
Would any "proof" be needed of who the proper person was that performed the ordination, or the person who performed it need to provide anything in writing?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cspinfo@telus.net wrote:Since LCR still doesn't allow Ward-level clerks to make changes to Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations, couldn't the Stake membership clerk (or Stake clerk) also make any needed corrections to MP ordinations?
Yes, stake clerks are responsible for making changes to MP ordination information now.
cspinfo@telus.net wrote:
Regardless of who makes the change (Stake-level clerk or Membership support):
Would any "proof" be needed of who the proper person was that performed the ordination, or the person who performed it need to provide anything in writing?
The handbook only addresses the need for proof in circumstances where the recorded ordinance is invalid (Handbook 1 16.1.10). As long as the correct year is recorded the ordinance is considered valid.

Without specific guidance in the handbook the stake president would be the one to decide what proof is needed to make the change.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”