Can No Longer Print More Than 1 Copy

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jasondavie

Can No Longer Print More Than 1 Copy

Post by jasondavie »

Greetings Fellow Members of the Order of the Clerkhood,

Recently our ward computer (and the other wards' computers in our building) stopped being able to print multiple copies of any report generated from LCR or even using Adobe PDF Viewer directly.

No matter how many copies are selected in the tab that Chrome creates when preparing a report, only 1 printout at a time can be achieved. I've tried printing to PDF or even saving the PDFs generated by LCR and viewing them directly from the downloads folder, but still have no success.

The ONLY thing that works is to generate the report and then press "shift, Control and P". Then selecting multiple copies actually works, but this is only able to be done if using Chrome and not if viewing other files or PDFs on the computer.

Has anyone else had this problem develop recently? Perhaps it is related to our printers or a compatibility issue since some program was recently updated....or maybe it's just an Aussie thing :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can No Longer Print More Than 1 Copy

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like this Adobe forum thread has a couple of suggestions: link.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I noticed the same thing yesterday. Probably some Chrome update that messed things up. Looks like russellhltn's suggestion might help.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

Well, at least I know it's not restricted to Australia now!

I had a quick look at the link. Hopefully I'll be able to work it out for our HP printers.

I'll give it a go next Sunday.
Mr_Dove

Post by Mr_Dove »

I always had this problem when printing in MLS. I have not tried yet in our new browser based programs. I've come to believe that this is done on purpose but nobody seems to know anything about it.
jasondavie

Post by jasondavie »

Unfortunately I haven't been able to fix the problem, but thanks for your suggestions.

The only thing that works temporarily is to unselect the "collate" button every single time I want to print. Then for some unknown reason, multiple copies will print...but it's not a great solution.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”