Export CSV to Use with Maps

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mdantasf

Export CSV to Use with Maps

Post by mdantasf »

Hi,

Many years ago, we Stake Clark Technology used a export CSV file from MLS system installed on computers. We used this file to import on Google Maps to work on division of areas in a project to divide the Stake.

We search in MLS ou LCR on web, but don't find the tool to generate a CSV file. Exist a alternative to this?

Attached have a example of work result.
Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.23.53.png
(825.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
eblood66

Re: Export CSV to Use with Maps

Post by eblood66 »

CSV exports are no longer available. But the church provides a boundary realignment tool that should be used for boundary changes. Stake leaders should be able to see it in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Such exports were removed. For some, we were told it was to preserve privacy. For others, we weren't told the reason.

Please note that it is against church policy to upload membership information to third party servers.

If you're looking at changing unit boundaries, I'd suggest you look at LCR. The tool has been changed to use mapping instead of codes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Thank you.

I searched on LCR, but don't finded. What menu is the option? I see only forms
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mdantas wrote:Thank you.

I searched on LCR, but don't finded. What menu is the option? I see only forms
I don't know exactly since I don't have access but the access table shows it under Forms. So I'd look under Reports > Forms. Hopefully a stake clerk will chime in to can say for certain.

However, according to the access table only the Stake President, Stake Presidency Counselors, Stake Clerk and Stake Executive Secretary have access. Assistant stake clerks do not.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Ok, I understand. Maybe only the Stake President have access, because I server as counselor and this option no show for me, only formularies (PDF).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not sure where the link would appear on Leader and Clerk Resources, to someone who has access (maybe under Applications?), but a shortcut to the "Boundary and Leadership Proposals" tool is bl.lds.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Thank you Samuel. This tool never use. I will analyzing. I access the url, show me all bishops and the time of each one else also a button to recommend a new man, all online, without PDF or print paper. Very good!!

Regards.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

In LCR it is under the Reports menu in the forms section. It is titled Boundary Proposals.

As a note, even though I have access to the tool as an assistant stake clerk the link in LCR doesn't show up for me. It does show up for the stake president, his counselors, stake clerk and stake executive secretary.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:As a note, even though I have access to the tool as an assistant stake clerk the link in LCR doesn't show up for me.
Interesting. As a STS I get "Access Denied" - "You must be a member of the Stake or District presidency, Stake or District Clerk or Executive Secretary, Bishopric or Branch presidency, the Ward or Branch Clerk or Executive Secretary to sign in to this system."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”