MLS 3.8.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: MLS 3.8.5

Post by lajackson »

rl_albright wrote:Looking at their downloads folder they have been downloading it a LOT as I saw about 25 downloads of the MLS installer.
Did they actually run the installer after they downloaded it? Not to be picky or anything . . .
And I would delete 24 of the installers.
rl_albright

Post by rl_albright »

lajackson wrote:
rl_albright wrote:Looking at their downloads folder they have been downloading it a LOT as I saw about 25 downloads of the MLS installer.
Did they actually run the installer after they downloaded it? Not to be picky or anything . . .
And I would delete 24 of the installers.
I have been told they have run it, multiple times. And yes I did empty the download folder of the MLS Installers.

Am I missing something here? I have tried clicking on the task, and hitting the 'delete' key on the keyboard but nothing works.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rl_albright wrote:I have been told they have run it, multiple times. And yes I did empty the download folder of the MLS Installers.

Am I missing something here? I have tried clicking on the task, and hitting the 'delete' key on the keyboard but nothing works.
You are at the point where you would need to call Local Unit Support. The error should go away with a fresh install of MLS.

I am still suspicious as to whether they actually ran the installer by double clicking on the .exe file, or if they thought they were running it each time they clicked on the link and downloaded the file.

But, giving them the benefit of the doubt, LUS is up next.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:The error should go away with a fresh install of MLS.
That's exactly what I experienced at several units. MLS said it was at the right version, but there was a urgent task. I ran the installer and the task went away.

I wonder if there's a problem that the installer won't run? But yeah, I think it's LUS time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”