Change household name in member list to head of household

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Dan314kal

Change household name in member list to head of household

Post by Dan314kal »

Dear members,
I have problem with the name of the household of a newlywed couple in LCR. They are both members and they got married. As they married they both kept their family names. He moved to her apartment, so I added him to her household and told LCR that he is the head of household. In the member list at the household-tab, their household is sorted after the head of household, but the name of the household is the family name of his wife. I tried to change that by splitting the household and joining the wife to her spouse but nothing changed. How can I change the name of the household to the family name of the head of household?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Change household name in member list to head of household

Post by russellhltn »

You need to change the Household name. I don't think you can do that on-line - it has to be done in MLS.

IF you can remove the current head of household into his own household and then have her join it, that might work. But it has to be done in such a way as to form a new household and not just subtract her from the existing one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”