Updating new branch clerk

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Biggles

Re: Updating new branch clerk

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:Unfortunately it requires three people, for both scenarios.
For an expired password? That's nuts. That's going to come back on a small branch when a password expires at a inopportune time.
Which is exactly what happened to us! It doesn't matter if you're a small branch, or a large ward. The outcome is the same.
momasboy

Post by momasboy »

eblood66 wrote:
momasboy wrote:LCR asks for two different users to authorize the calling of a branch clerk. The branch president and exec sec tried to update the calling on LCR, but it said their authorization was invalid. My guess is the exec sec doesn't have the rights to update that calling. I'll just have the branch president and one of his counselors try it again.
Your profile doesn't say what country you're in. If you're in a location where electronic payments are supported, I think I've heard that it may require two person authorization to put someone in a calling that has finance rights. Assuming that's the case I don't know who is authorized to do so but it would make sense that it has to be someone who has finance rights themselves. So the branch president and a counselor probably has a good chance of working.
Thanks for the insight. We are in Okinawa Japan so I think you are right. I apreciate your and all other comments.

John
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:It doesn't matter if you're a small branch, or a large ward. The outcome is the same.
What I'm saying is there may be situations where there may not be 3 people with finance rights. It might be a very small branch (the minimum required is just the Branch President), or it might be a ward where a couple of people have moved out and things haven't been reorganized. I'm sure it can be resolved by calling support, but I'd hate to be in a unit that runs into that issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Biggles wrote:It doesn't matter if you're a small branch, or a large ward. The outcome is the same.
What I'm saying is there may be situations where there may not be 3 people with finance rights. It might be a very small branch (the minimum required is just the Branch President), or it might be a ward where a couple of people have moved out and things haven't been reorganized. I'm sure it can be resolved by calling support, but I'd hate to be in a unit that runs into that issue.
I see what you mean. That might be a difficult situation to resolve.

I don't recall this change being documented anywhere beforehand, or since, For me that is the most difficult thing to understand.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”