Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rainman1962

Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Postby rainman1962 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:54 am

I am a secretary in the HP. We have received permission from our local leaaership that using spouses and Deacons as HT companionships if necessary.

I have not been able to add a Deacon to go home teaching with a HP. Why is this group excluded. Is it possible to have a "write in" companion for exceptions such as these?

Thanks

Jeff

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Adding non-standard companionships in LCR

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:59 pm

rainman1962 wrote:I am a secretary in the HP. We have received permission from our local leaaership that using spouses and Deacons as HT companionships if necessary.

I have not been able to add a Deacon to go home teaching with a HP. Why is this group excluded. Is it possible to have a "write in" companion for exceptions such as these?

Spouses are allowed as HT companions in the system, because the Handbook allows for that possibility (HB2, 7.4.2). However, that same section in talking about young men simply says "a member of the bishopric extends home teaching assignments to teachers and priests." There is no mention of the possibility of deacons being home teachers. The implementation of home teaching in LCR simply follows the Handbook.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:40 pm

Your bishop makes the call if he wants deacons to be assigned as home teachers, but those assignments will need to be tracked outside of Leader and Clerk Resources.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:03 pm

sbradshaw wrote:Your bishop makes the call if he wants deacons to be assigned as home teachers, but those assignments will need to be tracked outside of Leader and Clerk Resources.

Technically, speaking, I'm not sure as the bishop has that flexibility.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

bkmmtm

Postby bkmmtm » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:46 am

I have not found in LCR how to add a spouse to a companionship. When I select ALL, only priesthood brothers names come up. Am I missing a step?

Thank you,

Bob

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:15 am

bkmmtm wrote:I have not found in LCR how to add a spouse to a companionship. When I select ALL, only priesthood brothers names come up. Am I missing a step?

See this thread: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=24028

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”