Restricted MLS functions

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
MalcolmGoodwin

Restricted MLS functions

Post by MalcolmGoodwin »

I am a new Ward Mission Leader. The ward Directory shows my calling as Mission Leader. After my sign-in on LDS.org; my Account, I tried to Download and Install MLS. All I got was a notice that MLS is not available to all and that sign-in was required. I have seen a grey zone message that the Directory was provided by my MLS software. I need modified reports of all Households. My immediate need is for Households AND their assigned Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers. This report will be a recurring need in follow-up of New Members and of Returning Members, i. e., coordination with HT's and VT's for a variety of reasons. I believe at least part of this need currently has a solution.

How do I get to a List of Households with their assigned Home Teachers and Assigned Visiting Teachers?

The filtering process does not show any options and does not respond to a "Home Teachers" entry. No where have I found a specific indication of what access I do have. If I do not have access via MLS, do I have access via the Ward Membership Clerk (Assistant Ward Clerk for Membership) or via Ward Clerk?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Restricted MLS functions

Post by russellhltn »

The MLS software is not allowed to be run outside of the clerk's office. You might check to see what access you have via LCR (lcr.lds.org - which confusingly uses "MLS" in it's resulting URL.) Long term, most, if not all functions will move to LCR.

If you can't get what you need from there, you'll have to ask a clerk for it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Restricted MLS functions

Post by aebrown »

MalcolmGoodwin wrote:I need modified reports of all Households. My immediate need is for Households AND their assigned Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers. This report will be a recurring need in follow-up of New Members and of Returning Members, i. e., coordination with HT's and VT's for a variety of reasons. I believe at least part of this need currently has a solution.
The "New and Returning Member Progress" report is already available to you on LCR, and should list exactly the people you need to see, and that report lists the home and visiting teachers.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”