Custom Calling available in LCR?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
bjcollard

Re: Custom Calling available in LCR?

Post by bjcollard »

Because Single Adult rep does not fall under the available "Other Calling" categories: YSA, Church Magazines, Employment & Welfare, Facilities, Family History, History, Music, Technology. And SA rep doesn't fall under the available organization categories of Bishopric, Sunday School, YM, YW, etc. that LCR has. There is no place to create or put SA reps at all at the ward level. It is like the organization doesn't exist...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you discuss this with your stake clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

bjcollard wrote:Handbook 2 16.1 suggests the stake can have a single adult organization, so hopefully the stake can make a single adult category somehow in LCR.
bjcollard wrote:I don't know if the stake has that category or option to create a calling Category for Single Adult rep in LCR under Other Callings, but the ward does not.
bjcollard wrote:There is no place to create or put SA reps at all at the ward level. It is like the organization doesn't exist...
The stake has a "Single Adult" category under Other Callings. The ward does not.

You've already found the Handbook reference.

I just verified that this organization is listed for your stake.
bretpetersen1

Post by bretpetersen1 »

I found out why the "other" sub-category does not show up in Other callings: This is what I learned from tech support. Basically the callings categories don't show up unless they are populated.

"There's a limitation on LCR currently. Because this suborg only exists if they have custom positions in it, it won't show by default until it contains custom positions. They would go to the member's profile, to the callings/classes tab, and record a calling in that suborg. Then it shows up. We obviously prefer they use standard suborgs where possible."

It sounds like you'll need to go to the individual member's profile and add their position there instead of using the callings list. Once that is done, the "Other Callings" category should appear. Let us know if you have any other questions.
drwildwave

Post by drwildwave »

As of today, I can't see a plus sign at the bottom of our Other Callings list either. (Ward Clerk)
gdeantaylor

Post by gdeantaylor »

I wish I had an answer for the brother who started this post, but I don't. I am the Stake Clerk for our stake and when I went into LCR today to update a custom calling, I was able to release the person, but I was not able to add a new name to the calling. I am a new Stake Clerk, so some of this is new as I was a Ward Clerk back in 2005. Anyway, I thought maybe if I deleted the calling (that was the only link available) I could then add the custom calling back in and put the new person's name in the system. However, I was not able to add a new calling either. I tried in MLS and there was no option there either. I also tried going to the individual person's member profile>>Callings and Classes, but I didn't have any options there to add her to the calling she has in the stake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jendeano_12 wrote:I wish I had an answer for the brother who started this post, but I don't. I am the Stake Clerk for our stake and when I went into LCR today to update a custom calling, I was able to release the person, but I was not able to add a new name to the calling. I am a new Stake Clerk, so some of this is new as I was a Ward Clerk back in 2005. Anyway, I thought maybe if I deleted the calling (that was the only link available) I could then add the custom calling back in and put the new person's name in the system. However, I was not able to add a new calling either. I tried in MLS and there was no option there either. I also tried going to the individual person's member profile>>Callings and Classes, but I didn't have any options there to add her to the calling she has in the stake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
See this topic https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”