Printing member address labels

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Printing member address labels

Post by russellhltn »

clwilson911 wrote:The link of https://www.lds.org/help/support/print-mailing-labels

has been taken down.
"The content on this page is restricted to certain roles. LDS Account sign-in is required."

It may require someone with Finance rights.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
clwilson911

Post by clwilson911 »

I am signed in and it still will not take me to the page. :-( What key word to I search on?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I have Finance rights and also see the same message.
clwilson911

Post by clwilson911 »

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

clwilson911 wrote:The link has been taken down. I am unable to find information on printing address labels for our Stake President.
I am surprised you cannot access the page, but perhaps you need membership record edit access to do so. I see it in my Ward Assistant Clerk role (among other roles I have).

In any event, the Wiki page is actually more detailed than the Help Center page. The Help Center does includes a comment that you can click Preview to view the printing format, and that there are two label printing formats. For those using the letter paper size (8½ by 11), the labels will print in three columns of ten rows per page as has already been mentioned. But for units using A4 paper size, the labels will print in two columns of eight rows per page, which may be helpful for some.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:I am surprised you cannot access the page, but perhaps you need membership record edit access to do so. I see it in my Ward Assistant Clerk role (among other roles I have).
Interesting. I've got both a Ward Assistant Clerk calling and a Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance calling record and I get the access denied error as well.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

eblood66 wrote:
lajackson wrote:I am surprised you cannot access the page, but perhaps you need membership record edit access to do so. I see it in my Ward Assistant Clerk role (among other roles I have).
Interesting. I've got both a Ward Assistant Clerk calling and a Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance calling record and I get the access denied error as well.
To clarify my earlier post, I'm a Ward Clerk and can't see the details! I also have a Stake calling, maybe that is causing the problem?
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

https://www.lds.org/help/support/print-mailing-labels hasn't worked since last year when I tried it. I posted a comment on 16 Dec 2015 16:58 that it didn't work. Nothing has changed in the past 352 days and the link still doesn't work.

Several of us have posted that https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Mailing_labels does work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sasgrw wrote:https://www.lds.org/help/support/print-mailing-labels hasn't worked since last year when I tried it.
The site works just fine. If you are not able to access it, there is a permissions error, not a website problem.

From posts in this topic, I think financial clerks do not have access to the page. They probably should, because they are natural candidates to print labels. But it seems the only folks who are allowed to access the page have membership record edit permissions.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
sasgrw wrote:https://www.lds.org/help/support/print-mailing-labels hasn't worked since last year when I tried it.
The site works just fine. If you are not able to access it, there is a permissions error, not a website problem.

From posts in this topic, I think financial clerks do not have access to the page. They probably should, because they are natural candidates to print labels. But it seems the only folks who are allowed to access the page have membership record edit permissions.
Then why may I ask, as a Ward Clerk can I not access that particular page?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”