Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Officers Sustained form

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
williamjackson

Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Officers Sustained form

Post by williamjackson »

My ward conference is next Sunday, so I went to print the Officers Sustained form from MLS yesterday. I noticed that the list of members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles included the three recently deceased apostles, and did not have the three we sustained in the October 2015 General Conference.

Does anyone know if MLS will be updated with this information, and how long it might take? I am already resigned to manually creating an Officers Sustained form, which I do not mind doing.

Printing the form from LCR yields the correct members of the Quorum, but before you ask why I don't print it from LCR: I wanted to print the form from MLS instead of LCR because all our Young Women classes are combined and the class presidency has custom callings like "Young Women Class President", etc. MLS allows me to add the Young Women class presidency into some of the name slots before printing. LCR does not allow that flexibility.
krebsj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Officers Sustained form

Post by krebsj »

MLS will be updated with the new apostles in MLS 3.8.2, currently scheduled for release in early November, 2015.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Officers Sustained form

Post by lajackson »

williamjackson wrote:Does anyone know if MLS will be updated with this information, and how long it might take?
No guarantees, but it probably will be fixed with the next patch/upgrade to MLS, which should come out sometime soon [Edit: Early November, I see. Thanks.] after the October 15 changes to LCR that will allow meeting times to be changed at LCR. But that's a lot of should's and probably's, and not at all helpful for this coming Sunday.

It is fixed at LCR, but it is so much easier to read the two column version from MLS than the one column version from LCR anyway.

And LCR does not let you make any changes at all to the sustaining list if the names are not correct. No last minute Sunday morning changes allowed.

If it were me, I would type up the new Quorum of the Twelve section and fasten it over the current MLS version. Makes it so much easier for the person conducting the business.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”