Looking for ideas

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

RussellHltn wrote:Would I be correct in guessing that this is only a problem if you choose to create a "non-member record" so as to show the non-member in the directory?

I'm wondering if this is a problem in the refresh. Some version updates will automatically do a refresh, so that may be the connection to the upgrade.

I believe it is more complicated than just creating a non-member record or having a non-member record in MLS. If a member is married to a non-member the data is normally listed on the members record (i.e spouse's name). We should have that info if for no other reason than to distinguish between single adult and married adult with non member spouse.

In the cases we are seeing in our stake (and it is on every MLS in our stake - we checked) even if there is no non-member record created it still scrambles the family record when there is a non-member spouse.

If the MLS folks have known about this for some time then hopefully they will soon make a "bug" correction as this is very time consuming to get everything back in order. I guess now my question becomes - if they know about it and we try to fix it at the ward level what happens the next time an upgrade takes place - does everything get scrambled again? If I were a ward clerk with a large population of non-member spouses I think I'd get a bit upset if I did all the work and then had to do it all over again.

Just sayin'
znauga

Post by znauga »

RussellHltn wrote:Would I be correct in guessing that this is only a problem if you choose to create a "non-member record" so as to show the non-member in the directory?

I'm wondering if this is a problem in the refresh. Some version updates will automatically do a refresh, so that may be the connection to the upgrade.

Correct: The reason for creating the non-member record is to show the non-member as part of the family in the directory.

My past experience has been that the "scrambling" occurs spontaneously with no identifiable trigger. It may also happen in conjunction with an update in MLS.

znauga

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”