Can't create custom reports using address fields

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mwgrover

Can't create custom reports using address fields

Post by mwgrover »

I am trying to create a custom report that lists households based on various addresses. For instance, households in a certain zip code, or in a certain city, etc. But no matter which address field I use, and no matter what criteria I use ("is", "contains", "starts with", etc.) the report does not generate. When I click on the report name, nothing happens. I hear the "click" noise, but no report pops up. This happens with all the various address fields.

Creating other types of custom reports (age, priesthood, callings, etc.) work just fine.

Thanks for any suggestions.
dpenrod75

Re: Can't create custom reports using address fields

Post by dpenrod75 »

You will get better results by returning all results, export into excel and filter there via the field value. MLS custom reports are hit and miss considering the datafile structure and the deserialization going on.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dpenrod75 wrote:export into excel
File Exports have been removed from MLS, but I think you can still cut and paste from a report. I don't remember if reports had a export option.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

CSV is available from Custom Reports, at the moment!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”