Wife's maiden name being used as household last name, incorrectly

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ryanrr

Wife's maiden name being used as household last name, incorrectly

Post by ryanrr »

Hello, I have a family with records showing up incorrectly on LDS Tools. Both the husband and wife are members, married within the past few years. His last name is N***** and her name is F*****. On all the records I can change, I have set him as the head of the household, changed her last name to his, added and checked the marriage information, but on the directory, the family is still listed and sorted by her last name. Is there any way to change this so it will list his last name? Its confusing our members who are searching for brother or sister N*****, but having them listed under F*****.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Wife's maiden name being used as household last name, incorrectly

Post by russellhltn »

In MLS (and I assume LCR), in the Household record, there's a field called "Household Name". And make sure you haven't changed the wife's "Maiden name" field - that should remain her maiden name, not married name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryanrr

Post by ryanrr »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked those fields and they are all correct. Like you said, I checked that her maiden name was only in the maiden name field, and that I hadn't put her maiden name in any other fields, like "family name". Still no success. Any other ideas?
ryanrr

Post by ryanrr »

russellhltn wrote:In MLS (and I assume LCR), in the Household record, there's a field called "Household Name". And make sure you haven't changed the wife's "Maiden name" field - that should remain her maiden name, not married name.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked those fields and they are all correct. Like you said, I checked that her maiden name was only in the maiden name field, and that I hadn't put her maiden name in any other fields, like "family name". Still no success. Any other ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you looked at the household record? That's different from the individual records. If you're working in MLS, you may have to do a Unit Data Refresh to get it in sync before making the change. I'm not sure how it appears in LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”