Mailing Labels

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
curtbentley-p40

Mailing Labels

Post by curtbentley-p40 »

I was asked to print out mailing labels for the 31 and older singles in my ward.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Does MLS have a mailing labels feature or do I have to do some kind of CSV export and use a word processor/spreadsheet to do it?

Apparently it's been done before in our ward, just not by me ;)

Thanks for any help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not in front of a MLS machine right now, but in a word "Custom Reports".

(OK, that's two words. :p)

You should be able to make a custom report of all singles 31 and over (I think that's what you meant by "over 31"), and then make the output format a mailing label. I'd have to make sure that custom reports allows mailing labels. (I'm sure someone will correct me if it can't be done.)

Otherwise, yeah, you're stuck with either a cut-and-paste from the screen or using an MLS export file and doing it outside of MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

curtbentley wrote:I was asked to print out mailing labels for the 31 and older singles in my ward.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Does MLS have a mailing labels feature or do I have to do some kind of CSV export and use a word processor/spreadsheet to do it?

Apparently it's been done before in our ward, just not by me ;)

Thanks for any help.
To add specifics to Russell's advice:
  1. Create a Custom Report (Called something like "Single Adults")
  2. The criteria are "Age -- is or is greater than -- 31" and "Marriage Status -- is not -- Married"
  3. The format doesn't need to include anything more than the Full Name
  4. Save the Report. The above you only have to do one time to set up the report.
  5. Run the report by clicking on the report name
  6. Click the Print Mailing Labels button.
  7. Click the Select All button (then uncheck any people you don't want to include)
  8. Print the labels on standard 10x3 mailing labels
Alternatively, you can include the address fields in the Format of the custom report (step 3 above), and then after you run the report, do Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the whole data set and paste it into a spreadsheet or word processor and then do a mail merge. That gives you more control over the print formatting, but is some extra work.
ericb

Post by ericb »

curtbentley wrote:I was asked to print out mailing labels for the 31 and older singles in my ward.

There is a mailing label option in MLS, from the 'File' option on the menu bar (using the Help feature you can do a search on 'Mailing Labels' to get more info regarding how this is used -- I found this out myself recently :)).

It sounds like you want to print labels for all Single Adults. If you go into that organization in MLS, and select 'Members' from the drop-down list, you should get all of those individuals. You can then select 'File' from the menu bar, and then Print Mailing Labels.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Huh! No need to use Custom Report. Learn something new.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”