MLS Send/Receive Using Internet

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That hasn't been the case with our church-supplied Dells. They used to work - until I installed Desktop 5.5.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:That hasn't been the case with our church-supplied Dells. They used to work - until I installed Desktop 5.5.
Church-supplied Dell here with Desktop 5.5 and we can hear audible modem sounds without speakers.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I think we're getting a little off the subject. Thanks for the tips on the dialing issues. I'll look into it later this afternoon. If anyone has any additional tips regarding the original post I'll check again before I make the trip to the facility. :D
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:Church-supplied Dell here with Desktop 5.5 and we can hear audible modem sounds without speakers.
All I know is it's not a given that you'll hear the sounds.

If your computer normally makes sounds dialing out, that will help determine what MLS is doing. (How's that for brining it back on subject? :D)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I puzzled with this challenge when we first put the stake box onto the FHC wireless. The box said it was dialing, then poof, the Send/Receive was done. I checked to see that the phone line was not connected, and finally realized that it was going out through the Net and getting done in record time.

We never hooked the phone line back up. And MLS still says it is dialing . . . .
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdlessley wrote:I know this may sound like a strange question to ask but... How are you determining that MLS is dialing out? The reason I ask is because the first time I tested MLS to see what happened after connecting the clerk computer to the internet I thought it was using dialup. The message displayed when MLS begins a connection gives the impression that dialup is being used. But after switching between 'Use Modem' and 'Use Internet' and doing a send/receive I noticed that the first text string in the connection message looked exactly the same and included the word dialing. For the internet connection I did not see the number being dialed as I did for the modem connection.
Jdlessley is correct. I stopped by the building this afternoon and discovered that we were indeed connecting to the Internet with the MLS program. It's very misleading because the "Dialing" word still appears. Looks like a good candidate for repair for MLS v2.9.2 fellas ;)

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”