Can MLS report who has Patriarchal Blessings?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can MLS report who has Patriarchal Blessings?

Post by russellhltn »

mpetrini wrote:It appears this is still not present in the system
It never has been. And until the Brethren decide otherwise, it won't be. This isn't a developer/IT decision.

I'd suggest you send feedback up the chain of command through the stake president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mpetrini wrote:Though it is not a saving ordinance, this is something that could be a useful avenue for to start a conversation.
Our bishop made this a part of tithing settlement this year. As we were asked to review our IOS, the clerk asked if we had received a patriarchal blessing, and the bishop then used that information to guide his interviews.
mpetrini

Post by mpetrini »

mpetrini wrote:It appears this is still not present in the system. Has anyone seen something here? I'll try and put in a feature request as we are getting this request to determine who hasn't received a blessing as Bishop wants to ensure that all are taking advantage of this opportunity. Though it is not a saving ordinance, this is something that could be a useful avenue for to start a conversation.
Got an email back this morning from PB Feedback team. This is planned for a release in 2018. Fingers crossed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mpetrini wrote:Got an email back this morning from PB Feedback team. This is planned for a release in 2018.
Hmmm. That should be interesting. I'm pretty sure the Blessings were never recorded with a MRN. That would make associating did and who didn't get a blessing prone to errors.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:I'm pretty sure the Blessings were never recorded with a MRN. That would make associating did and who didn't get a blessing prone to errors.
That's mostly true for the past, but not true for recent blessings. I don't know the exact date, but about 5 years ago the blessing forms were changed to include the MRN. So recent blessings could reliably be connected to a member by MRN. Before that, for decades it has been the practice to include the name of both parents. Cross-referencing the three names as well as the stake with membership records should produce a very high rate of accuracy.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

As was mentioned above, anyone can get a copy of their P.B from CHQ, so the person could request to get a copy of theirs and if there was not one available, they would be told such. BTW, you can also get a copy of the P.B. of any of your deceased ancestors. I requested the P.B. for my Third great grandfather, and was sent four. Yes, he had four P.B. The first by John Smith (brother of Joseph Smith Sr.) in 1849, and then three more though out his life, the last one in 1868. He eventually became a Patriarch himself.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”