Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
presgarrett
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:40 am

Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby presgarrett » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:45 am

I can no longer update Ward Home Teaching statistics on MLS. When H.T. is updated on LDS.ORG there is no update happening on MLS. Will the entering of HT monthly completions that are recorded on lds.org be eventually updated to the MLS system? Is there a time lag in the handshake between lds.org and MLS?

R.P. Garrett
Asst Ward Clerk

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby eblood66 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:55 am

presgarrett wrote:I can no longer update Ward Home Teaching statistics on MLS. When H.T. is updated on LDS.ORG there is no update happening on MLS. Will the entering of HT monthly completions that are recorded on lds.org be eventually updated to the MLS system? Is there a time lag in the handshake between lds.org and MLS?

No. HT/VT is only on LCR from now on. No information will go back into MLS. At some point the HT/VT screens in MLS will be removed completely. They are only being left in place right now for historical reference until they are sure everything has transferred correctly and for the few units that don't yet have sufficient Internet access to use LCR.

cliffdholmes
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby cliffdholmes » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:59 pm

We have a couple in our ward serving a full-time mission while living at home. We as high priests still home teach the couple, but when we wanted to change who was home teaching the couple, their name disappeared from the list. They are nowhere to be found, except on the ward records. They are not found anywhere on the home teaching rolls. How do we fix this?
Thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20762
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby russellhltn » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 pm

cliffdholmes wrote:We have a couple in our ward serving a full-time mission while living at home. We as high priests still home teach the couple, but when we wanted to change who was home teaching the couple, their name disappeared from the list. They are nowhere to be found, except on the ward records. They are not found anywhere on the home teaching rolls. How do we fix this?

If he is an Elder, he probably defaulted back to the Elders Quorum.

Otherwise, you might have an interesting case because they are on a full-time mission. The system isn't "aware" that they are at home and not in the mission field where they would be the responsibility of the mission president.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

cliffdholmes
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby cliffdholmes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am

He is not an Elder, but a high priest.
I think you're right that the system is not "aware" of him because he is on a full-time mission.
So what do we do about it?
How do we fix it?

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Home Teaching Reporting MLS

Postby scgallafent » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 am

cliffdholmes wrote:He is not an Elder, but a high priest.
I think you're right that the system is not "aware" of him because he is on a full-time mission.
So what do we do about it?
How do we fix it?

Excellent corner case!

At this point, you can't do anything to fix it. I just sent off an email to start some internal discussion on how this should be handled.


Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest