Mls 2.9.1

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Here's the exact message:

"Starting next weekend" (which is now this past weekend), so I guess they did tell us when it would happen.

I did a s/r tonight. Got a connection of 54.6Kbps and it took 10.5 minutes, plus processing afterward.

As someone else mentioned - it just went. There was no option.

I suppose the popup message will get one person's attention, but the normal messaging system is persistent. Since there are multiple MLS users, the popup message could easily be seen by someone who doesn't pass on the message. That may well have been what happened in my stake.

So for future upgrades, I would recommend that a normal MLS message always be sent. If an additional popup message is deemed necessary, then that's a good extra means of communication, but it shouldn't be the only message.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

DJC wrote:There should have been a message for the two previous Sundays stating that units would be receiving MLS 2.9.1. Hopefully you received that. We didn't know that we would need to turn the patch off from 11 to 2; however, or we would have included that in the message.
DJC wrote:
It is a small patch compared to most releases.

We did not receive any messages about 2.9.1. at our small branch in the South of France. I knew it was pending from reading the Forum. The first official notice I received was from our Branch Clerk on Sunday morning. The update went down without problem.
However, since then, we have received 2 confirmation notices about zero financial transactions being submitted, with myself and the Branch President as the authorised persons. Despite the fact it was over two weeks ago that he and I authorised the last zero financial transaction (actually for General Conference weekend). Since then two different members have authorised the financial transactions. I sometimes go in and do amendments etc. during the week, when it's quiet!!
Any one else had similar problems?
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I'll pass that along Alan. I think the next time we will send a pop up with the message so we are hitting it from all sides. We find many clerks don't read their messages and not all clerks will see the pop up. We will send announcements like this as both.

Alan_Brown wrote:I suppose the popup message will get one person's attention, but the normal messaging system is persistent. Since there are multiple MLS users, the popup message could easily be seen by someone who doesn't pass on the message. That may well have been what happened in my stake.

So for future upgrades, I would recommend that a normal MLS message always be sent. If an additional popup message is deemed necessary, then that's a good extra means of communication, but it shouldn't be the only message.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

International communications for releases will come from the Area office. It depends on the Area office on how they communicate with local units. I would contact your stake or closest office if this problem of zero financial transactions persists.

Biggles wrote:
We did not receive any messages about 2.9.1. at our small branch in the South of France. I knew it was pending from reading the Forum. The first official notice I received was from our Branch Clerk on Sunday morning. The update went down without problem.

However, since then, we have received 2 confirmation notices about zero financial transactions being submitted, with myself and the Branch President as the authorised persons. Despite the fact it was over two weeks ago that he and I authorised the last zero financial transaction (actually for General Conference weekend). Since then two different members have authorised the financial transactions. I sometimes go in and do amendments etc. during the week, when it's quiet!!

Any one else had similar problems?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Just to toss my $0.02 into the cup, I had the occasion to be at a nearby ward's computer this afternoon doing a security upgrade for Symantec. While I was there I check the MLS messages and didn't see any notices regarding the MLS 2.9.1 upgrade. However, the MLS WAS at 2.9.1 already when I checked it.

When that upgrade came across I don't know as I wasn't there.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Custom Reports "on date" bug fixed

Post by aebrown »

It's a bit obscure, but there was a bug discussed in the thread Custom Report Logic - "on date" regarding incorrect data showing up in certain custom reports in the Select Column Widths preview.

According to my testing, this bug has been fixed. I had reported it to Clerk Support back when a user discovered it. So this is a testament to the fact that it is worthwhile to report bugs, and that MLS does keep getting better.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”